As a longtime user of memtest86+, two issues with the last release (5.01) kept popping up to annoy me:
- The absence of a USB memstick image (the ISO does NOT work when copied directly to a memstick).
- The requirement to press F2 to enable SMP mode (not possible when testing many machines “hands-free”).
In the spirit of open-source, I have fixed these two issues, and am making available my custom images:
- memtest86+ 5.01-wk
- md5: 2c0d2a7b1720063ed9fc89c8b192a430
- Identical to the last official 5.01 release, just in a USB format.
- memtest86+ 5.01-wk-smp
- md5: 4bd8738c810fb274c6c7230d9be173fe
- Patched to ALWAYS run in SMP mode, even on servers.
- USB format.
Simply burn these images directly to a flash drive using dd or similar utility.
The modified source code is available on my Github: